|Faculty Staff Directory > Phil Baird
Associate Professor - Natural Resources
Office: 206 Owen Hall
Courses Taught at UMC:
- Hort 1021 "Woody Plant Materials" (Fall)
- NatR 1233 "Introduction to Natural Resources"
- NatR 1244 "Elements of Forestry" (Spring)
- NatR 3203 "Park and Recreation Management" (Spring)
- NatR 2630 "Introduction to Geographic Infomation Systems"(Spring)
- NatR 3899 "Pre-Internship Seminar" (Fall)
- NatR 3900 "Internship"(Summer)
- NatR 3901 "Post Internship" (Fall)
- Presettlement vegetation
- Storm disturbances and forest succession
- Digital photography - plants
- Dyer, J.M., and P.R. Baird (1997) "Remnant Forest Stands at a Prairie Ecotone Site: Presettlement History and Comparison with Other Maple-Basswood Stands." Physical Geography, Volume 18, No. 2.
- Dyer, J.M., and P.R. Baird (1997) "Wind Disturbance in Remnant Forest Stands Along the Prairie-Forest Ecotone, Minnesota, U.S.A." Plant Ecology, 129:121-137.
Awards and Honors:
- University of Minnesota President's Award for Outstanding Service, 1999
- Horace T. Morse-University of Minnesota Alumni Association Award for Outstanding Contributions in Undergraduate Education, 2004
- M.S. Forestry, Iowa State University
- B.S. Outdoor Recreation Resource Management, Iowa State University
Joined UMC in August 1979
Agriculture & Natural Resources Program