|Faculty Staff Directory > Susan Brorson
||Susan Brorson, Ph.D.
Professor - Marketing and Management
UMC Business Department
Office: 216 Kiehle Building
- technology enhanced learning
- women's entrepreneurship issues
- rural economic development
Selected Publications and Projects:
- "Beyond the Numbers: Finding and Engaging Community Energy in Very Small Towns." 2004. Co-authored with Sharon Neet, D.A., and Richard Nelson, Ph.D. Grant funded by the University of Minnesota's Council on Public Engagement (COPE).
- "Emerging Women Entrepreneurs Program: Online Incubator and Portal." 2000. Grant funded by the Ford Foundation and the Red River Trade Council.
- "Using Internet Based e-Commerce as a Strategic Business Tool." 1999. Grant funded through the University of Minnesota's Technology Enhanced Learning Grant Program.
- "Emerging Women Entrepreneurs Telecommunications Technology Project." 1998. Grant funded by the Ford Foundation.
Awards and Honors:
- UMC Distinguished Teaching Award, 2003 and 1986
- Women in Technology International (WITI) recognition for contributions to the advancement of technology, 2001
- Ph.D. in Educational Leadership with a minor in Research, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND
- M.S. in Marketing Education, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND
- B.S. in Distributive Education, Moorhead State University, Moorhead, MN
Joined UMC in the fall of 1977