Campus Priority Registration Policy
Priority registration allows a student with a documented disability to be granted permission to register at the beginning of the registration queue. Permission for priority registration may be granted to a student with a disability for the following reasons:
- The time required for travel between classes regularly exceeds the ten minutes available to students, and requires careful scheduling;
- The student requires the assistance of a personal care attendant and must arrange classes to coincide to the maximum degree possible with the availability of attendant care;
- The student's health, or the necessity of arranging for other ongoing support services not associated with UMC, requires continuity of scheduling;
- Time for renovation or relocation of classroom space may be required to ensure access for the student when the course is scheduled to begin; and
- Other valid reasons as approved by the academic adviser and Office for Students With Disabilities coordinator.
Requests for priority registration may be made by the student or the student's academic adviser to the Office for Students With Disabilities (OSD) . The request and the OSD recommendation will be forwarded to the Office of the Registrar (OTR) for action. The OTR will notify the student regarding the decision within five academic days, and if approved, the assigned registration date and time. Appeals of denied requests may be made to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs within five days of notification of the denial.
Approved by Operations Committee 12/20/96