(Crookston, Minn.) – The University of Minnesota Duluth defeated the University of Minnesota, Crookston by a 9-0 score today at Center Court Fitness Center in Grand Forks, N.D. in a Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC) match.
Golden Eagle Head Coach Josh Lunak was still able to take some positives from the match. “We played a really good team today and we hung with them,” says Coach Lunak. “We definitely improved from our first match of the year. Next weekend is a big one for us. We have three conference matches that should be close. Hopefully we can learn from the match today and play well.”
The University of Minnesota Duluth improves to 4-4 overall and 3-2 in the NSIC. U of M, Crookston falls to 0-2 and 0-2 in the NSIC. The Golden Eagles will return to action on Friday, February 27 and Saturday, February 28 when they play host to Northern State University and Bemidji State University respectively at Center Court Fitness Center. Friday’s matches will start at 3 p.m. while Saturday’s will begin at 1 p.m.
University of Minnesota Duluth 9, Minnesota, Crookston 0
Feb 22, 2009 at Center Court Fitness Center
1. Dahlman, Carrie (UMD) def. Hulst, Megan (UMC) 6-4, 6-2
2. Keller, Stephanie (UMD) def. Nitsch, Christa (UMC) 6-2, 6-2
3. Bolf, Katie (UMD) def. Jarvis, Cassandra (UMC) 6-2, 6-0
4. Rosengren, Kelly (UMD) def. Anderson, Gretchen (UMC) 6-0, 6-0
5. Bertrang, Anna (UMD) def. Zelinsky, Jill (UMC) 6-0, 6-0
6. Stensrud, Jessica (UMD) def. Mackedanz, Melissa (UMC) 6-2, 6-2
1. Keller, Stephanie/Dahlman, Carrie (UMD) def. Nitsch, Christa/Jarvis, Cassandra (UMC) 8-2
2. Rosengren, Kelly/Bolf, Katie (UMD) def. Hulst, Megan/Zelinsky, Jill (UMC) 8-1
3. Bertrang, Anna/Witty, Anna (UMD) def. Anderson, Gretchen/Mackedanz, Melissa (UMC) 8-2
University of Minnesota Duluth 4-4, 3-2 NSIC
Minnesota, Crookston 0-2, 0-2 NSIC
T-3 Hours A-55
For more information, visit the Golden Eagle Athletics website at www.goldeneaglesports.com.
The University of Minnesota, Crookston is a NCAA Division II Institution and a member of the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC). Golden Eagle Hockey is a member of the Midwest Collegiate Hockey Association (MCHA). The Golden Eagle Equestrian team is a member of the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA).