Golden Eagle Women’s Tennis Team Closes Out Home Season With First Victory
Contact: Chris Vito - Assistant Sports Information Director - (218)281-8445
(Crookston, Minn.) – The University of Minnesota, Crookston Women’s Tennis team closed out the home portion of their schedule by gaining their first victory of the season today at Center Court Fitness Center in Grand Forks, N.D. The Golden Eagles defeated the University of Minnesota Morris 9-0 in non-conference action.|
U of M, Crookston will close out the regular season with three Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC) matches on Friday and Saturday in St. Cloud, Minn. The Golden Eagles will face Southwest Minnesota State University on Friday and Winona State University and St. Cloud State University on Saturday. The matches will begin at 4 p.m., 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. respectively.
Minnesota, Crookston 9, University of Minnesota Morris 0
Apr 13, 2009 at Grand Forks, ND (Center Court Fitness Center)
1. Hulst, Megan (UMC) def. Rosen, Shauna (UMM) 6-0, 6-0
2. Nitsch, Christa (UMC) def. Goodwin, Ashley (UMM) 6-1, 6-0
3. Jarvis, Cassandra (UMC) def. Rainey, Jamie (UMM) 6-0, 6-0
4. Mackedanz, Melissa (UMC) def. Roy, Jodie (UMM) 6-1, 6-0
5. Zelinsky, Jill (UMC) def. Kucala (UMM) 6-1, 6-0
6. Linde, Kaitlyn (UMC) def. Lowrey, Johanna (UMM), by default
1. Nitsch, Christa/Jarvis, Cassandra (UMC) def. Rainey, Jamie/Goodwin, Ashley (UMM) 8-0
2. Hulst, Megan/Zelinsky, Jill (UMC) def. Rosen, Shauna/Roy, Jodie (UMM) 8-1
3. Linde, Kaitlyn/Mackedanz, Melissa (UMC) def. Kucala/Lowrey, Johanna (UMM), by default
University of Minnesota Morris 0-6
Minnesota, Crookston 1-8
T-2 Hours A-30
For more information, visit the Golden Eagle Athletics website at www.goldeneaglesports.com.
The University of Minnesota, Crookston is a NCAA Division II Institution and a member of the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC). Golden Eagle Hockey is a member of the Midwest Collegiate Hockey Association (MCHA). The Golden Eagle Equestrian team is a member of the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA).