Becoming a Tutor
- Complete Tutor Application including schedule of available hours
- Tutor Coordinator will email applicants to set up interviews (approximately 15 minutes each)
- Those selected to be tutors will be notified via email and invited to tutor training
- Tutors must meet employment criteria of the University of Minnesota Crookston, which includes current enrollment at UMC with at least 6 credits.
- Tutors must have successfully completed classes they tutor by earning an A or B in the class.
- Tutors must demonstrate excellent level or responsibility, reliability, punctuality, friendliness, patience, and sensitivity to a diversity of students. (Application will require you to list references from instructors of the courses for which you wish to tutor.)
- Meet with peer students weekly in a one-to-one or small-group tutoring format to give learning assistance.
- Tutor students in specific course material and integrate study and learning strategies to promote independent learning.
- Check UMC email to receive work notifications.
- Review tutor contract with each student during their first session to establish the parameters of the tutoring relationship and a regular meeting schedule.
- Adhere to and communicate ASC rules and policies.
- Be prompt to tutor sessions.
- Contact peer students with 24 advanced notice if unable to keep your scheduled sessions.
- Let tutor coordinator know of any missed sessions.
- Let tutor coordinator know of any schedule changes, issues, concerns.
- Treat tutees and other tutors with respect.
- Complete all required paperwork and online documentation.
For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to a Tutor Coordinator
On Campus Tutor
270D Owen Hall
270E Owen Hall