Diversity Programs - Events
- Celebrate Diversity Luncheon
- Diversity Week
During this week the UMC celebrate different cultures with activities such as Seminars (Brow bag lunch), Ethnic food, games of the world, music, etc.
- Hispanic/Latino Heritage Month (September 15 - October 15)
- Brazilian Independence Day
- Hispanic/Latino Heritage Month
- Talent Show
The UMC students presents their artistic performance, such as dance, play, sing, or performing. There is an award (money) for the four best performance.
- Diversity Workshop
The workshop provided information, theoretical frameworks, and resources that will contribute to the development of a diversity agenda for universities and colleges that addresses the issue both in terms of curricular learning and core values and norms.
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, & Ally Alliance (GLBTA) Awareness Month
- European American Heritage Month
- Indian/Native American Heritage Month
- Minnesota Admissions Counselors of Color (MNACC) College Fair
- Minnesota National College Fair
- Red River Valley Celebration of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- National Women's History Month
- Cinco De Mayo Celebration
- Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month
- Heritage Months
It is a celebration of different ethnic groups that have received an approval and recognition of the month celebration by the President of United States . UMC celebrate some of the heritage months by displaying posters, movie presentations, music, or performance.
To be involved and get more information about our programs and services, please contact us.